DBM Landscapes offers complete design and construction of landscape areas, easy online shopping, and a flexible range of consultation and maintenance services.
Nowadays, many people want to be able to spend more time in their outdoor space but less time maintaining it. This is why DBM Landscapes specialises in designing, building and maintaining affordable, waterwise gardens.
DBM Landscapes specialises in residential and commercial landscaping in and around Perth, Western Australia. We are an approved waterwise specialist through the Water Corporation and we provide our customers with all of the best water efficient technology and products including sub surface drip irrigation, greywater systems and more. We can even provide you with the power to control your irrigation from your computer or smart phone via a web based irrigation controller!
The experienced and professional DBM team thrives on delivering stylish, waterwise landscapes and we can complete them in any style you desire. We can project manage your landscape project and complete all landscape works including planting, mulching, soil improvement, turf, reticulation/irrigation, limestone walls, feature stonework, paving, decking, steel and aluminium garden edging, lighting, feature screens, AWWS Grey Flow greywater systems and much much more.
Utilise the experienced DBM team to complete your landscaping
Select from a range of DIY products in our online store to:
- Design your own garden
- Build your own garden
- Maintain your own garden
View our gallery to see some of the latest residential landscape construction projects bult in and around Perth, Western Australia!
Online Store for Landscape Supplies and Garden Products
Browse our online store for: DIY landscape design kits, plants, trees, soils, sands, gravels, paving, outdoor alfresco furniture, bird feeders, gardening tools, fire pits, Boskke Sky Planters, AWWS greywater systems, irrigation/reticulation products, DSATCO products (Lupin mulch, Lawnmaximizer, Piggypost and Peacover) and more....
DBM Landscapes can deliver our entire range of products to your home anywhere in Australia *Shipping Conditions Apply
1. What is Greywater?
Greywater is untreated water discharged from your showers, basins, and laundries only. Kitchen waste water has harmful amounts of fats and oils which may have an adverse effect on your soils
2. How much Greywater do I generate?
On average 100 Litres of reusable greywater is generated by one person every day. In the USA the average is 40 gallons per day.
3. Will Greywater affect my plants and my soils?
It is strongly recommended to use greywater friendly detergents with low phosphorous and low salt content.
4. Can I water my lawn area with Greywater?
Sub-surface irrigation of lawns using Greywater has been achieved successfully in many places. The Grey Flow systems do not come with any long term protection against root intrusion. Solutions such a trifluralin impregnated drippers (rootguard) or filters (tech-filters) are available to protect from root intrusions and should be used with sub-surface irrigation of lawn areas. (For more detail and update on this subject contact DBM Landscapes)
5. How much maintenance work does the Grey Flow requires?
The Grey Flow systems come with self-cleaning mechanism option which reduces the standard maintenance cleaning work from once a month to once every year.
6. How can I irrigate my gardens when I am away from home?
The easiest and cheapest way to use you Greywater system to irrigate your gardens when you are away is to use a battery operated tap timer to top up the Grey Flow systems while you area away. Cross connection to existing systems is not allowed.
7. Can I connect the Grey Flow system to my existing irrigation system?
Standard irrigation system cannot cope with the untreated greywater. Cross connection is not allowed. Connecting to a non-approved irrigation system will result in failure and void of warranty.
8. Can I water a garden area smaller than the required minimum?
Each country and states have different guidelines pertaining to the minimum disposal area required for the reuse of greywater. These minimum areas have been set so as to protect the ground water resources and our environment (please refer to local regulations).
It is however possible to reduce the number of fixtures connected to your grey water outlet pipe, in order to help in reduce the amount of greywater generated. This will allow for a reduced minimum irrigation area requirement.
9. Can I water a garden area larger than the recommended maximum ?
Yes it is possible but your garden may not get enough water during the peak summer months.
To remedy this situation you can provide a top up system.
The use of multiple stations with the grey flow systems should be done through the use of a manual 3 way valve or a GF rotor hydraulic indexing valve. Automated solenoid valves should not be used as they are not designed to cope with the poor quality of the grey water.
Why use the Grey Flow Greywater Systems?
1. World’s first Clean Grey Water Diversion system (Award winning Tankless Patented Real time diversion technology)
2. Fail Safe (automatic diversion to sewer when system is off in winter and during power outages)
3. No sludge Accumulation (Eliminates the need for regular de-slugging work)
4. No Foul and Unpleasant Odours
5. No insect breeding water held within the property prevents potential spread of diseases (example: North QLD & Dengue fever)
6. Double filter and self-cleaning mechanism to reduce the maintenance work on the system to only once a year
7. Can be connected to a soil moisture sensor or a rain switch to automatically turn off the system when it rains or when the soil is saturated
8. Unwanted waters & chemicals can be diverted to the sewer using a remote control power switch
9. Soil moisture switch and time control to cater for even the smallest blocks
10. Innovative 2 stage installation for new homes
11. Wide range of systems to cover almost all conditions (domestic commercial)
12. Smaller footprint means a more economical system that can be installed almost anywhere